EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

My book is on review this month. I would like to welcome everyone who is visiting. If you would like to read the reviews and enter the contest that will be drawn for at the end of the month see the 'My Book Reviews Tab under the header then hit alink and enjoy some cool blogs and reviews. Meanwhile here is a blurb from

THE CRAZY DAZE OF MOTHERHOOD When my husband and I applied for our marriage license, we simply walked up to the clerk and paid our money. He handed us a little piece of paper and said, “Next.”
That was it. There was no interrogation, no screening of any kind. No one asked me if I was an ambulance driver, a paramedic, a dog whisperer, a pest exterminator, a plumber or an emergency responder of any other ilk; nor if I was ever likely to become one.
In college I trained in the quintessential art of shorthand. Not once, in my entire life has there ever been a need, let alone an urgency, to use that skill. Never have I been faced with an emergency where I said, “Boy is my shorthand coming in handy now."
It wasn’t that I went into marriage completely inept. I had skills. I knew the importance of shaving my legs and under my arms, of applying makeup everyday and generally trying to look and smell nice. This skill had not only attracted a husband but it came in useful when I needed someone to change a flat tire.
College was not a complete waste of time however; I did learn a little something about plumbing.
One day I walked into the bathroom and noticed a mountain of toilet paper in the toilet. Naturally, I flushed. As the water rose higher and higher I began to worry. If I didn’t do something fast it was going to flood.
Why is the plunger never around when you need it? It’s not like it has a multitude of uses. I have never yet seen it mistaken for a potato masher and I would have noticed someone using it as an umbrella.
Without a plunger—or plumber—handy, there was only one logical thing to do...

10 comments:

Rebecca Blevins said...

Eeew. What happened? How did you stop the flood?

Our toilet has the unfortunate habit of getting clogged, but when a child doesn't tell us, the water level sinks down to normal and the next time someone flushes--BAM! Down the heating vent.

Word verif: pergingie. As in, "The toilet was pergingie." (Purging)

Jane Isfeld Still said...

For the answer to that my dear Rebecca you will have to get hte book. I did something that I have never heard of anyone doing before although I am sure someone must have. It made common sense to me. :)

Connie said...

Way to keep 'em hanging.

Your illustrator does a marvelous job capturing your personality.

Rebecca Blevins said...

Ah. I will put it on my list!

Lara Neves said...

I'm here to enter the chocolate giveaway? And of course follow your blog forevermore...thanks for the smiles!

Christibear said...

Came over from Lara's to enter the chocolate giveaway too! Also did some reading and I LOVE IT! I'm looking forward to more.

wendy said...

That....was a very enticing little tidbit.
not a great visual though (tee,hee)

Cranberryfries said...

I got a chance to read your book and LOVED it! Thanks for being so funny and helping me to see the funny in my motherhood life too. :)

ali cross said...

This was wonderfully funny. Thanks for the smile Jane!

Carol M said...

I came from Kathy's blog to enter for the Mother's Daze basket! I have become a follower and I know I will enjoy visiting here.
mittens0831 at aol dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...