Genius

My son Garret thinks he is SO smart. Truth be told, he is. (I’m sure that didn’t just come from my pen.) However, I am here to tell you that smart people can be SO dumb.
Saturday I was getting groceries for the perfect Father's Day dinner; I wanted to be sure it was not a repeat of our Mother’s Day disaster, when I got a call from Ariana.
"Mom, you're not going to believe this! Remember on Mother's Day, how we spent the whole day getting Garrets car back up from the ravine? Well, tomorrow is Father's Day and guess what happened."
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" People in my direct vicinity and those two aisles over stared and there was a mad dash as carts rushed past to clear the area.
"THERE IS NO WAY HE WOULD DO THAT AGAIN." I calmed down. "You are kidding right?"
She was trying to catch her breath. "Nope, Alyssa came running in shouting, Uncle Garret, your car is rolling down the hill. We tore outside just in time to see his car clear the logs on the other side of the street. It didn’t go into the ravine though.”
I couldn’t believe it. Talk about the wind whistling through two ears stuck on a hollow chunk of wood masquerading for a head. Thank goodness my grandchildren weren’t behind the car.
By the time I got home, he had the car pulled back up the hill but the guy who pulled him out left a souvenir; a nice big tire mark burned all the way up the driveway.
The biggest advantage for me is the blog fodder.
I read the story to my family to make see if it passed muster. It did. Kristjana says that any story that starts with how dumb Garret is, is a winner her book.
Garret still thinks he’s smart and now it’s on paper for the world to see so he’s happy. Family—ya gotta love em. (Your not allowed hating them—are you?)

3 comments:

Michella said...

I'm just going to say I agree with Kristjana on that one.

Jenica said...

Hahahahahahaha I was wondering what happened to him all day yesterday...I always make fun of him for how many accidents he's been in. Someone just needs to ground him from any motor vehicle transportation unless someone else is behind the wheel...

Kc said...

Remember when Garret was driving that white car? He didn't put the E-brake on and reversed down the driveway and hit your neighbor's boat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...